No_I.D.-a ("no idea") is a private* blog by me, Adrian Ballard. The purpose of this blog is to:
- (re-)connect with important people in my life (which would be YOU, if you got an invitation!...*);
- share things about my life, good and bad, that you important people may or may not already know about me, as well as things that are going on now and moving forward (good and bad);
- get some feedback and insight from you, the important people in my life, if and when you're inclined to chime in;
- get out of my head and get some of the chaos out of there into some semblance of a coherent format;
- take a leap of faith and just see what the hell comes out of this(!);
- and who knows what else...
Here are a few of the things that No_I.D.-a "means," starting with how I came up with it:
- I didn't know what to name a blog by and about me.
- When I came up with the name (over 2 years ago now) I was being challenged by messages from numerous sources to ask myself, "Who am I?"--a question that has persisted--and that's what came to mind.
- I was also being challenged to consider who I am NOT--in other words, is there such a thing as a "me/(my)self)/I"?--and whether striving to be "me/(my)self/I" is the meaning of life or the source of suffering. In short, I was exploring (and continue to explore) what life means either with an I.D. or with "No_I.D."
- When you get down to it, it's just me--Little A ("a"), with No_I.D. beyond that--at least here on these vulnerable, open-and-honest-as-I-hope-to-be Web pages.
* I'm not putting all my business out there for the wide-world Web to stumble upon in a Google search--not that I presume anything I write would be appearing higher than thousands of entries into a Google search!
No comments:
Post a Comment